Sunday 22 October 2017

"Interim - A Review - "A Riveting Read From Start to Finish!"

Thank you HC,UK!


on 19 October 2017
This is the second book in the Josiah Stubb series and in my opinion is even better than the first. C W Lovatt writes with such attention to historical detail and with an empathy and affection for his characters that it is a joy to read. Full of excitement, and building up momentum as it goes along, I did not want to put the book down on many occasions. He cleverly weaved threads from the first novel into the second and at times I'd nod to myself smiling whilst thinking "Oh now that is a clever touch". The book gathers pace so quickly, especially towards the end, that the chapters themselves become shorter as if to build up the suspense and excitement as he tells the story from the minds of the different characters as the fighting and story unfolds (and in the first person too, which is a stroke of literary genius.) I love how we see Josiah's achievements , but how he still doubts himself. I do not want to go into too much detail as it will give the story away (especially for those that have read the first book and want to find out for themselves) but to say I'm looking forward to the third book is an understatement.. Bravo Mr Lovatt. and thank you.

Click here to purchase your own copy of "Josiah Stubb: Interim."



No comments:

Post a Comment