Saturday 16 April 2016

"And Then It Rained" - A Review

About one of the stories in my latest release, "And Then It Rained" :

Even though it's only about 3500 words, "Roll of Honour" took me the better part of a year to write. Inspired by my great-uncle and namesake, Charles Wesley Lovatt (killed in action during the Battle of Passchendaele on the 29th of October, 1917) I wanted to do it justice. It's gratifying beyond words to know that it struck home.

Thanks very much, Genette.

Verified Purchase
Thank you Mr. Lovatt for an amazing collection of stories. It has been awhile since a book has made me feel so many emotions. The stories are funny, sad and everything in between. Roll of Honour is one of the best short stories I've read in a very long time. I will recommend this book to everyone to read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment