Saturday 13 February 2016

Charlie Smithers: Adventures in India - A Review - "Great Recreational Reading!"

While of course I'm gratified that PK enjoyed "Adventures in India," I'm otherwise not quite sure what to make of this one. I wonder if he/she is aware of the difference in spelling between Canada/UK and the US? While I'm not 100% certain that there are no errors at all, I'll eat my hat if they approach anywhere close to 'numerous.' As for many of the place names, I suspect that he/she didn't read the Foreward. Still, it's grand knowing that the book was enjoyed, so cheers!

on December 21, 2015
This is the second Lovatt book for me and I enjoy his work. The editing needs quite a bit of help, though, as there are numerous spelling and grammatical errors in both this volume and the previous one. The characters are well-developed and described, and the plot has enough twists and turns to keep you turning the pages. Lovatt has done his historical and geographical research quite well; there are very few historical inconsistencies or omissions, but in some cases, place names are incorrect. I recommend these easy to read e-books to anyone looking for a fun and educational read.
You can purchase your own copy of "Charlie Smithers: Adventures in India" here.

No comments:

Post a Comment