Sunday 27 December 2015

Downunder - A Review - "Totally Awesome!"

This excellent review gave me quite a rush, as Elaina's no slouch as an author herself. I found it very interesting that we both look for the same things while reading - not just what the author is saying, but how he's saying it. Also tickled pink that she mentioned the musical bit at the end.
Cheers, Elaina, I consider this high praise, indeed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally awesome!, December 26, 2015
This review is from: Charlie Smithers: Adventures Downunder (The Charlie Smithers Collection Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I did ask for a review copy … because I really wanted to read this, the third book in the Charlie Smithers series! Right, so Charlie and Lord Brampton are on an Indiaman when pirates attack and the luckless Charlie lands up in the drink. Finally he washes up on a shore in Australia … and his adventures Downunder commence. He meets Mattie, a woman with secrets and a survival instinct that brooks no nonsense whatsoever …

Did I enjoy it? Absolutely and without a doubt, and I recommend it to readers of historical adventures, historical romance, those who enjoy the somewhat otherworld stuff behind reality, and also those who love a good giggle now and again. Adventures Downunder rolls all these facets into one amazing tale and I love every moment spent reading.

The author has a worthy way with words, I must tell you, and merely reading the way he constructs not only his situations, but also his sentences, the thought processes … pure magic. Oh, and the little added twist to the musical tale there in the end? Awesome.

DEFINITELY a worthy read!

1 comment: