Friday 14 November 2014

This Is Just One More Part About Being A Writer That's Just Sooooo Cool!!

One of the really neat things about being a writer, that I'd really never considered before, is the part about getting in touch with all of you excellent people out there. Sometimes that's expressed by simply buying my books; I mean, that's such a cool thing to try to get my head around - people actually spending their hard earned money to read my stuff; then there are those wonderful folks who write a review, which is always so very gratifying, and sorely needed. Then, a few months ago, when Kelly Matthews and I agreed on a trade: a signed copy of 'The Adventures of Charlie Smithers' in exchange for an actual blanket from the Maasai Mara, I was pretty much over the moon. Here's a photo I took in mid-September:
I couldn't have been happier with the trade - Like, I had an actual blanket woven with a genuine Maaisai pattern to decorate my office. But then, as if that wasn't enough, Kelly (whose father-in-law actually lives on the Mara) decided to send me these as well:


The figurines are named after characters in the book: Musa and Loiyan, and will hold a place of honour on the little work table beside my desk. The little knitted blanket, Kelly informs me, is for my cat, Barney. I know that he'll appreciate it as much as I appreciate the blanket and figurines. I'll admit that I'm not the most thoughtful person, maybe that's why it feels so humbling to come across someone who is.

Thank you, Kelly. Very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment