Tuesday 14 October 2014

The Adventures of Charlie Smithers - "Jolly Good Tale, Wot!"

I could grow used to this. Thank you Mr. franka.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly good tale wot!, 13 Oct 2014
By 
franka "franka" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: The Adventures of Charlie Smithers (Kindle Edition)
Spiffingly good tale which really did have me laughing out loud at times, and almost in tears in the sad bits. I bought this as a holiday read with a difference being tired of American detectives and boring plot lines in general.

I found the writing style fresh and the storyline excellent. I won't even go into the details of the tale, just buy the book and watch out for the elephant gun, witch doctors and A-rab slavers. Boy's Own plus sex and violence, brilliant.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No




On another note, Charlie Smithers is now #5 in the UK for African Historical Fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment