Saturday 15 March 2014

Editors, I Tell Ya...

Boy, editors, I tell ya...! When I was informed that one of my stories had won first in fiction on the Write on the Lake Contest for the second consecutive year, I was also told to send a digital copy to "Voices" capable editor, Maurice Guimond. In the body of the email, I also asked if this meant, due to all the other contest entries making demands on available space, that my regular submission, "Incomplete," was going to be bumped again. This was his reply:

"It's like you're psychic.  If you want "Incomplete" to get in, you're just going to have to stop winning!

Congrats, "Angel" would have been my choice too.

-Maurice."


J. Jonah Jamison's got nothing on this guy, but it was well worth a laugh. Still, I think that's three issues now that "Incomplete" has been bumped. Oh well, it's a small price to pay, and there's always the fall. It'll have its day in the limelight, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment