Thursday 3 October 2013

Some Stuff on My Wall

Okay, I know this is nothing more than gratuitous boasting, but what the heck, it took a lot of hard work to get these 1st place certificates and I'm pretty darned proud of them. So humour me, okay? Besides, my photography does plenty to keep me humble, I'm sure you'll agree.

From top to bottom my winning stories are: "The Thing About Pantyhose" (Canadian Stories - 2013); "And Then It Rained" (Lake Winnipeg Writers' Group - 2013); and "Roll of Honour" (Canadian Stories - 2012)

Top left of the photo is my "Why Be Normal When You Can Be Yourself!" plaque, which I'm also pretty darned proud of.

Below that, you might have trouble reading it, but it's another much-prized possession - my quote from Cyril Connolly: "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than write for the public and have no self."

Words to live by, believe me.


No comments:

Post a Comment