Wednesday 23 January 2013

"Baggage" Confirmed...Again

This was the email I received from the US online magazine, HelloHorror, this morning with regard to my short-short (or 'micro') story, "Baggage":


"Chuck,
Great micro, bad breakup!  I think our readers will agree.   We'll be including "Baggage"  in our second issue.   Thanks for the submission!
Brent Armour
Editor in Chief
HelloHorror.com
Later, after I had voiced my concern mentioned in my earlier post, about it having been previously published, I received this from Brent:


"Chuck,
Your submission came prior to our changes in guidelines so in my opinion you followed guidelines and your work will be published.   We're thinking about adding the word 'electronically' to that rule anyway.   Sorry for the mixup.   We're growing faster than our britches (or however the saying goes...)"


So it looks like my short little story, which wasn't much more than a happy accident in the first place (see my earlier post "A Prelude to "Baggage" - 30/04/2012) is going great guns. Some of you may recall that it was previously published in the 2012 Spring issue of the LWWG's literary journal, "Voices", and was my first story ever to be published in my home province of Manitoba. This time it will be my first publication in the US.

Sweet!

Three stories in January, so far, and the month's not over.

No comments:

Post a Comment