Tuesday 24 July 2012

Cautiously Optimistic

I just received an email from Wild Wolf Publications out of the UK - a publisher that I had sent the first three chapters of one of my novels, The Adventures of Charlie Smithers, in May of 2011.

"Hi, Chuck,

Thank you for your submission.  I apologise for the length of time it has taken to get to it, but as you can imagine, we do get somewhat inundated.  I have now read the extract and, if the title is still without a home, I would like to read the full manuscript.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

---
Sam Dennison"


This could be a real breakthrough, and room, I think, for cautious optimism, even though disappointments in the past tell me to brace myself for more of the same.


26/07/2012


In my reply, I had asked Sam what sort of time frame before I could expect a decision, and was told a month or so. For sure, this will be the longest month of my life.


Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment